Saturday, February 19, 2011

心に春がいる

I am going to stray from my usual parenting discussions for this post, just because the beautiful weather lately has inspired a "natsukashii" or nostalgic feeling in me.  My Japanese is a bit rusty, but this is the general idea.  If you cannot read the characters, install a Japanese program on to your computer.  I promise that, for the next post, I will return to our usual programming.

さくら さくら    Cherry blossoms, cherry blossoms
野山も 里も     Over fields, mountains, and countryside
見渡す 限り     As far as you can see
霞か 雲か      Mist or a cloud?
朝日に 匂う     Fragrant in the morning sun
さくら さくら    Cherry blossoms, cherry blossoms
花 ざかり      Flowers in bloom

さくら さくら    Cherry blossoms, cherry blossoms
弥生の 空は     Across the Spring sky
見渡す 限り     As far as you can see
霞か 雲か      Mist or a cloud?
匂いぞ 出ずる    The fragrance wafts out
いざや いざや    Go, go
見に 行かん     Go to look, finally

No comments:

Post a Comment